Monday 3 June 2013

Vancouver Virtual Date



Canada Place, June 2, 2013
When we first learned I would be attending the FCM Conference my wife and I decided we would come together. So we planned the trip, FCM organized spouse activities while we are at our sessions, and paid for it in January. However, in February, my wife severely injured herself resulting in the doctor issuing a no travel note. So much for a working/romantic weekend getaway in Vancouver. My wife stayed home as a result.

 
After the gala reception my wife and I had a virtual romantic walk along the bay. I walked along the bay talking on the phone pausing everyone once in a while to take pictures of the surroundings.

It was a beautiful evening for a romantic stroll. The only thing missing was some music.



 
The problem with a virtual date is kids can easily interrupt our date. One of our sons got on the phone to say hello around here.
Huge cranes at the Vancouver Port. The facility moves approximately $200 million worth of goods everyday. Yes, I mentioned it to my wife. I was disappointed I couldn't find time to go on the tour demonstrating the logistics of the Port's operations.


City scapes can be lovely. My favourite city scape is Shanghai. I was fortunate to visit in 2010.
 
 
This concludes the romantic area of the walk. A sculpture, with purpose, and in the window behind is a rotating globe. A lovely evening that would have been significantly better had it been a real date rather than a virtual date. A least it was a date.

 
Here are some of the photos. The photos were taken on by BlackBerry Z10.

No comments:

Post a Comment