Tuesday 3 February 2015

SUMA Convention 2015: The Walk of Shame!

I wasn't even in the trade show area and I could hear the noise. As soon as I turned the corner the razzing picked up. The Walk of Shame, including the photos of shame you can see below, was because Humboldt beat us this past summer in our 'Tidy Week" contest. Thanks to Wayne Gibson for the photos.
Councillor Henry and I in Broncos sweaters. I am wearing Mayor Eaton's son's jersey from a RBC Cup appearance. Feb 3/15
All I recall is that our Youth Council did their best but there was way too much rain. I reminded Mayor Eaton of a saying of Conn Smythe: "If you can't beat them on the ice, beat them on the streets." Given the standings we thought that might help diminish the shame of wearing a Broncos' jersey.

Alas, the pain doesn't stop there: tonight, of all nights, the Klipper lost to the Broncos 4-3. I hate to say this but I am not looking forward to my breakfast meeting with Mayor Eaton.

The shame was rubbed in when we had our photos taken with the Humboldt Council.
The Humboldt Council, Sherye,Mayor Easton is beside Councillor Henry. Roger, next to me, nominated me to continue to be Director of SUMAssure, and Leon. Councillor Linda didn't pose with us.  Feb 3/15.

No comments:

Post a Comment