Saturday 28 September 2013

Goose Festival and Culture Days

The weather for Goose Festival was great! The sun was shining, the breeze was gentle, the temperature was moderate, and the crowd was friendly. It was a good day.

KCS Marching Band Preparing to Start the Parade, Sept 28, 2013


Lining Up for the Parade on Railway Ave W., Sept 28, 2013

The festivities started off with the parade. I had a lot of fun handing out candy to the young at heart of all ages.

Unfortunately for us we ran out of candy by 4th Ave. Councillor Sackville drove the red sports car loaned to us while my middle son, Councillor Sackville's oldest son, and I gave out candy.

Judging by the candy bag my youngest brought home there will be some parents struggling with children on sugar highs.

As I was handing out candy it was hard to believe all the faces I recognized. The worst part was not having time to chit chat. For example, there was someone with whom I wanted to find out if their plans worked out.

Another thing I did was give away my tickets for tonight's Klippers' game; I purchased season tickets this year. Believe it or not it took me three tries to give them away.  The first try was to some kids but their parents said no. The next was an older couple who are not hockey fans. A younger couple accepted the tickets and I hope they have a good time.






After the parade it was back downtown for some food and visits. The food was good and the conversations were better. Part of the charm of the afternoon was the Bouncy Castles set up by New Life Community Church.

While my youngest spent his energy on the Bouncy Castles I wandered down by the car show and shine. Some nice cars were on display. My favourite was the 1968 Cougar. Don't ask me why but the Mercury Cougars have always been a favourite of mine.
The Amazing Race Kindersley was a success with 20 teams and 90 people dashing around town. They covered a lot of ground starting at the WCEC and then south to the rink at Rosedale, back downtown, on to Norman Ritchie Centre, over to the mall finishing at the KI. Here is a photo as the teams lined up to start the race.
One of the stops for the Amazing Race was at Devon Coles' Garden Gallery. The task the teams had to accomplish was to make a 4" dish out of clay on a spinning table. His gallery was crowded. If you have a chance you should wander in some day. Its a great place to browse.
The KI once again hosted the International Cuisine Dinner. It was delicious but, if you arrived late as I did, then some dishes were empty. Again, it was good catching up with people over food.

I hope you had a good time. If you happened to miss it come out next year.

(The formatting just is not cooperating on this post.)


No comments:

Post a Comment