Sunday 9 August 2015

Moment with the Mayor: Summer Hodge-Podge of Stuff

Hi Neighbours:

It was good to go away for our vacation, and it is good to be back. I have spent the past few days getting back up to speed, so this column is a hodge-podge of different topics.

The two public consultations for the pool held at the beginning of July had a really strong turnout. I understand it was a good meeting. We are now conducting a survey regarding the pool, and specifically what residents are willing to pay to build and operate it. Your opinion is very important. This facility can be a destination venue, and the more people who use it because we have the right features (such as the number of lanes, slides, hot tubs, ropes, etc.,) the better for everyone. Likewise, we need to know how much you are willing to pay for the pool through your taxes. So please go to www.kindersley.ca and share your opinion with us.

The Grand Opening of Boston Pizza was held on August 8th. You will want to experience the newest restaurant in Kindersley, and I also hope you remember the good restaurants we already have in town.

While I was away, I received a text from the Reeve of Mariposa near Kerrobert thanking the Town of Kindersley for all of the assistance we provided after the devastating storm a few weeks ago. That is what good neighbours do - we help out. And as Mayor, I am proud that we are community that helps out. I am also proud that we have neighbours that help us out when we need it.

On another note: recently I was appointed to represent Kindersley and Saskatchewan at the Federation of Canadian Municipalities on two standing committees - Community Safety and Crime Prevention, and Social/Economic Development - and the Rural Forum. Mine is one of nine appointments from the province of Saskatchewan, pending approval from Kindersley Town Council. I am proud to bring our concerns to the federal level and I am excited to learn what I share with Kindersley as we grow. Thank you for the opportunity to serve Kindersley at this level.

Please write or phone if you would like me to discuss a particular topic. If you have any questions or comments, drop me a line at the town office or email me at mayorenns-wind@kindersley.ca. You can also check out my blog at http://mayorjohn.blogspot.ca/. I appreciate your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment