Sunday 26 May 2013

Moment with the Mayor: SUMA


Hi Everyone:

The SUMA convention was a good experience. It was good to speak with a variety of community leaders regarding the challenges and opportunities they are facing as well how they are addressing them. Highlights for me included the various breakout sessions including health, political advocacy, and protecting our financial assets (preventing fraud).

Over the course of the convention we had the opportunity to speak with the Minister of Health, Dustin Duncan, and the Minister of Health for Rural and Remote Communities, Randy Weekes. The meeting was very encouraging and since then I had a very good phone meeting with a Senior Advisor; these two meetings have made me optimistic. Just a reminder that there is a long road to haul regarding health care in our community.

During an open session with the Cabinet and Premier I was able to ask a question regarding waste management for West Central Saskatchewan. I have good news on two fronts: the government is supporting regional initiatives to find waste management solutions including any innovative and progressive methods beyond the traditional landfill; the second bit of good news is that I was able to get contact information for a region that is a couple of steps ahead of where we are now.

Recently the Firemen had their annual Ball. Our firefighters are great and do a terrific job! Recently I gave Jeff and Dave Diamond Jubilee Medals for their service. Do you know what the brigade did to celebrate? They did more training.

To the Kindersley Fire Department: you represent what is best about Kindersley!

If you have any questions or comments drop me a line at the town office or email me at mayorenns-wind@kindersley.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment