Wednesday 6 November 2013

Traditional Public Consultations/Meetings: Are They Past Due?

Are public consultations/meeting as they are currently formatted past their best before date?

I think so. The most we have had attend was the Group 2 work for the multi use facility. However, when it comes to budget, traffic, public hearings, Council meetings we are lucky to have a handful, we did once.

There are other ways of doing public meetings and I would like to know your opinion.
  • Webcast
  • Facebook meeting
  • Radio show
  • Podcast
  • Luncheon
  • Supper
  • ????
  • Not needed
Speaking of engaging the public: I would also like to introduce and implement an "Annual State of the Town" address in which the Mayor outlines:
  • what is happening,
  • where we are going,
  • how we are getting there,
  • why we are going there.
Email me and let me know your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment