Friday 25 October 2013

Curling Club AGM

The Curling Club held their AGM Thursday evening with approximately 30 people in attendance.

I have to admit upfront that I am not a curler. I have curled twice: once at a teacher's social in Yellowknife and the second was here in Kindersley and I won the turkey toss.

Anyway, my assumption has been that the curling club is strong and healthy. I always see people going in to the rink and they have lots going on. Well, at the meeting they were discussing sustainability; their own sustainability.  It is not inexpensive to run the curling rink with their utilities bills around $50,000.

The Club will be making some announcements and I hope the upcoming year goes well for them. If we are going to be a socially and economically vibrant community they form a part of that equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment